Prom Dress Code Slides/PPT
We are very proud of this year's T.R. Miller leadout/prom students in how they always represent themselves with class and dignity.
To help answer questions about dress, here is some early information and pictures to help parents and students prepare.
- R. Miller High School
Lead-out/Prom Dress Code
Prom is meant to be a formal, elegant occasion for students to celebrate the school year. With this in mind, this is the T. R. Miller High School dress code for students participating in lead-out/prom this year. The guidelines set a clear and consistent standard for attire expectations at our prom.
- There will be no excessively low or plunging necklines, even if modesty panels are present.
- Backless dresses are acceptable as long as they do not dip below the small of the back. (Rule of thumb: the dress should not go below the level of your navel.)
- Midriffs will not be exposed. If a skirt and top are worn, no midriff can be exposed between the top and the waistband of the skirt. With arms at your side, no flesh should be showing in the midriff area. Netting that shows skin is not allowed.
- Dresses should not be shorter than 2 inches above the knee in the front and back. Slits should not go beyond 2 inches above the knee. (Students on stage are 3 feet above a seated audience.)
- No cut-outs that show flesh are allowed. Any cut-outs must have material sewn to the inside of the dress so that skin does not show, or a slip must be worn underneath.
- Strapless dresses must fit securely.
- For dresses with sheer bottoms, the skirt must not be shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Open back or corset style dresses are allowed as long as it doesn’t dip below the small of the back at the level of the naval.
- Appropriate formal dress shoes only. No athletic footwear of any kind is allowed.
*Fabric inserts must be sewn, not pinned, on the dress if, without the inserts, the dress does not meet dress code.
*No cover-ups (coats, shawls, sweaters) will be allowed over dresses that do not meet dress code.
- Tuxedos or dress suits (coat and tie) are required.
- Black or brown leather or leather-like dress shoes or formal shoes that match tuxedo or suit and dress socks should be worn. Dress socks must be covered by appropriate length of the pants. No athletic footwear of any kind is allowed.
- Pants must be sized appropriately in the waist and in length. Pants should not sag below the hips.
- No hats, sunglasses, canes or showboating are allowed.
*If your date is not a student at T.R. Miller High School, it is your responsibility to make sure he or she has seen the dress code and his or her attire complies.
If you have questions about whether your attire is acceptable or not, bring a picture or email a picture to Mrs. Watson (email@example.com), Ms. Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Salter (email@example.com) for approval before you purchase.
If you do not comply with the dress code or if you show up late for the designated time to line up prior to lead-out, you will not be allowed to participate in the lead out event, and you will not receive a refund of your prom fees.