BREWTON CITY SCHOOLS
ACT Plus Writing
The ACT is the capstone of ACT College and Career Readiness Solutions, and it is aligned to Alabama's College and Career Readiness Standards. The ACT Plus Writing is administered to all Grade 11 students enrolled in Alabama public high schools. The ACT
- Is accepted by all four-year colleges and universities in the United States;
- Will enable school and district leaders to track student performance with aggregate and standards-based reporting past high school classes;
- Will be used as an instructional improvement program statewide to improve the college and career readiness of Alabama students;
- Will raise college awareness and exposure among all students, rather than just self-selected, college-bound students now that it is administered statewide;
- Will provide user-friendly information about how ACT tests align with state standards.
The ACT Individual High School Reports are excellent tools that can be used by counselors and teachers as they assist students in preparing for their futures. Educators will know the students' educational strengths and weaknesses, areas of need, college plans, and career interests. Teachers and administrators will use the ACT Profile Report in intervention planning, curriculum review, course planning, collaboration, and professional development.
For more information visit www.act.org/aap/alabama.